Monday, September 20, 2004

E.R. E.R. UhOh

Saturday at around noon, Jen started bleeding again. Except this time it was worse than ever. We were off to the ER. After about five and a half hours she was sent home still pregnant and told to get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids and come back if she developed fever or cramping. The Dr. said he had never seen a woman bleed that much and still be pregnant.

Sunday morning Jen got up at 7:30 am. She was still bleeding. I checked on her all day and took her plenty to drink. She was in the bathroom every 30 minutes changing her unmentionables. I've seen less blood in a slaughterhouse. At midnight Jen said she felt nauseas and dizzy. We went back to the ER. They did a blood count and ran some more test. At 3:30 am they decided they needed to give her blood. I brought the boys home and put them back in bed.

I got up this morning and called Jens job and told them what was going on. I called the school and told them the boys were staying home. At 4:00 pm we went to visit Jen in the hospital, they didn't let her have anything to eat or drink all day. At 6:00 pm they decided she could have clear liquids, I got her some water and they brought her some broth. They are supposed to do an ultrasound tonight and run some more blood test. So far they have given her two bags of blood. She is supposed to call me when the test are done. It's 10:30 pm and still no word. Hopefully they will release her tomorrow, but we don't know yet.

Here's what I do know. This happens in 30% of pregnancies, 85% those go off without a hitch. Jen damn near bled to death. Two bags of blood is a lot. Worst case scenario they may have to do an abortion to stop the bleeding and save her life. With the marvels of modern medicine she should be able to eat and it not effect any test readings. At least let her have some fucking Jello. Oh yeah lets not forget hospitals suck.

Jen had her blood test and ultrasound. The blood is collecting in her uterus and squishing the embryo. I don't what that means other than the baby is a little crowded for room. I'll know more tomorrow after I talk to the good doctor.

Update update:
Jen is home now on very strict bedrest. She is being put on disablity (so much for paying the bills). She has to go see a specialist sometime within the next week to determine if she can attempt to keep the baby. She is only allowed out of bed to use the bathroom or eat. She is not allowed to drive or move around, so I will have to take her to her doctor appointments. I will up date as news comes in. In the meantime I will try to post a happier story.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

If you hit the "next blog" button at the top of the screen, this Blogger will take you to some random blog. That's how I found your site.

I spent the last few days reading all your posts, and I just have one thing to say. I know it is weird to hear this from a stranger in another state, someone you have never and will never meet... but I think you are a good man.

Like it or not, this is a world where most people aren't good. And almost none of the men I have met are. But, in spite of your rough and tumble "trashy" past, it is obvious that you have good values and you care deeply about the people you love. I will be praying fervently for you and your wife that the bleeding stops and that there will be a new, very healthy little addition to your family soon. Thank you for sharing your life with a bunch of strangers... especially with those of us who are looking to be able to believe in people again.