Thursday, February 24, 2005

What I Do Know

Right after I posted last nights update, Jack called me. The inconsiderate fucker called me at 2:44 am. Actually he can call anytime he wants. I'll always answer. We talked for well over an hour. This is all I know. He made a choice based on the belief that there could be trouble should his employers find out about his blog. The choice was career or blog. He chose career. He is honored and in awe of the amount of love and caring everyone has shown him. He really appreciates it. That's what I know, oh and what the subject of his next blog was going to be. I'll spell it out real quick.

Jack: Today I tried to bust a crack whore. She was a sickly, tiny, emaciated little thing. She kicked my ass. I was lying on the ground in the fetal position screaming for help. Thank God, Big Sexy finally showed up to save me.

That's pretty much the gist of it. If I knew more I would tell you.

I realize I haven't been doing a very good job lately with keeping up with the comments and new posts. I will try to do better in the future. OK Jay?

Now on to more important things. ME. The reason I'm posting this at a decent hour is due to the fact that tonight I quit my job. That's right, I no longer do the work of a retarded monkey. For only the second time in my life I quit a job. I usually get fired. I have decided to make a living off of the items in my store. So y'all need to start buying stuff. Until then I will be working at a new job. I would tell you what it is, but then I would have to kill you. This much I will say. It is underhanded-sneaky-clandestine-undercover type shit. God I feel so alive. I feel my heart pumping again. Now I know how a junkie feels, sticking that needle in their arm after a long dry spell. I haven't felt this good in a long time.

UPDATE: I was going through some comments on one of my posts. In the comment, Grace said " Everyone....relax!!! It's all good. The Jack I knew would be embarrassed by all of this." I noticed a few people were upset by her comment, and these are people that mean a lot to me, so I may be jeopardizing some friendships by saying this (probably not, because these are good people I'm talking about). But she is absolutely right. Jack is embarrassed by all the attention. In fact he said those exact words to me. I miss Jack's blog as much as anybody, but it's not the end of the world. People come and people go. It sucks. Life goes on and we have to keep on keeping on. I realize that my ties to Jack were not severed like everybody else's. I know I can pick up the phone anytime and talk to him. I know y'all miss him a lot. But he's still here. He's still reading. He'll still be commenting. He just won't be blogging. Grace may have seemed calloused by what she said but she was just speaking her mind (which was surprisingly logical for a woman). You've got to give her credit for saying what she felt, no matter how many people she pissed off. I know Jack would respect that.

No comments: