Sunday, May 29, 2005

All Day And A Night

I know a lot of you think that the name of my blog has something to do with my criminal ways, in actuality it doesn't. It has to do with the life sentence I'm serving right now. You know the one with Jen and the boys. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and always will. It's just that I've always compared a "committed" relationship to a prison sentence. As of today I have served exactly 12 years.

I worked with Jen for about six months before she quit, then I didn't see her for about a year. There was a lot of flirting going on at the office but nothing ever came of it. One day I got a call from an old roommate that was having a Memorial Day barbecue, she wanted to know if I was going to be there. It seems there were a couple of girls that were hoping to get a piece of the Trashman. I assured her I would be there but I really didn't plan on going. Two days before the get together she called to make double sure I was going to be there, once again I lied and said yes. Then she said Jen was going to be there. That's when I decided I would go.

The night of the party Jen finally worked up enough nerve to ask me out. We've been together every since. Except for that brief time I lost my mind and went into the "entertainment business".

So tomorrow I start year 13 of my sentence. The way I figure it I have about 10 years of hard labor left, then T3 moves out (even if he doesn't want to). I'm hoping to have made a few million off of book deals and my presidential campaign by then. I want to buy an RV and travel this great country of ours, and then when I'm done traveling Texas I might visit some other states.

Twelve years served and 10 to go. Freedom is so close. I'm a short timer. I going to put another mark on the wall and go out into the yard. I just hope I don't get shanked.

No comments: