Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Life On The Line Part 6

Let the fight begin.

DA: "Are you sure the meeting didn't take place a week earlier?"
Trashman: "I'm positive."
Detective 1: "It needs to happen a week earlier."
Trashman: "What do you mean it needs to happen? It already happened."
Detective 2: "What he means is are you really sure it, didn't happen a week earlier?"
The pressure to please was starting to mount.
Trashman: "I guess it could have happened sooner?"
DA: "Good, put it in his statement it happened a week before Easter."
Trashman: "WAIT. It happened two days before Easter. I'm not signing anything that says different."
DA: "We have very reliable witnesses that saw the thugs kill PRK. It must be because WBG hired them to do it."
Trashman: "I don't care if The Pope himself saw it. They didn't do it because WBG paid them to. I would love to tell you he did, but he didn't."
Detective 1: "Then why did they do it?"
Trashman: "Once again you're asking the wrong mother fucker. Maybe it was a dope deal. I used to get my coke from Thug 1."
DA: "You know, we're going to have to rethink our deal?"
Trashman: "You rethink anything you want. I have signed papers and your not going to get me to lie about the date."
Detective 1: "Our other witness says it happened a week before Easter."
Trashman: "JB is an idiot. He'll tell you anything you want to hear, especially if he thinks you're going to put him in jail."
Detective 1: "What makes you think it's JB?"
Trashman: "Well let's see. You're trying to build a case against The Thugs, WBG, and possibly The Saint. You gave up on the case against me because you thought my testimony would help. Oh yeah and the fact JB was the only other person around."
Detective 2: "You sure you don't want a job?"
Trashman: "Nah. I don't like cops. Listen guys, I'm sure The Thugs killed PRK. I'm sure it happened when you said it did. I'm also sure WBG didn't pay them to do it. I know for a fact The Saint had nothing to do with any of this. I'm sure when you finally arrest The Thugs and it all goes to trial their lawyer is going to point out the fact they couldn't have killed him because they didn't know he was dead. Why would they accept money to beat his ass if they knew he was dead. You see gentlemen Thug 1 is smart. Scary smart and he got paid $1000.00 dollars from WBG to fuck up a guy that was already dead. He built himself one hell of an alibi."

I pushed my chair back and stood up.
DA: "Where are you going?"
Trashman: "I'm done here."
DA: "We might have some more questions."
Trashman: "You know where to find me."
DA: "Don't talk to anybody about this investigation."
Trashman: "My lips are sealed."
Detective 1: " Hey one more thing...."
Trashman: "Yeah, I know don't leave town."

The first place I went was to The Saints shop. It was next door to the sausage factory. When I got out of my truck I looked across the highway at the 15 story building. I couldn't help but wonder what offices were in there. I walked into the shop and The Saint was sitting at his desk smiling at me. I sat down across from him not too happy.

The Saint: "Where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you in a week."
Trashman: "We've got trouble."

No comments: