Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Shield

Tonight is the final episode. Part of me is glad it's over. My heart can't take it. I'm left on the edge of my seat at the end of every episode not to mention the cliff hangers at the end of the season. Always wondering how Vic Mackey was going to get himself out of his latest mess. Another part of me wants the show to last forever. For the same reasons.

Vic Mackey is a lousy cop. Which means he's a cop. They're all lousy, except for Jack. Jack is the ONLY clean cop I know. Not that I know a lot of cops. But I would venture from the headlines that there's not a lot of clean cops.Vic is as corrupt as a guy can get. That's actually one of the things I like about him and one of the things I can't stand about him. Cops should be clean. They're held at a higher standard and they should live up to it. Vic Mackey however is as dirty as............. something really dirty. He deals drugs. He beats up prisoners. He forces confessions. He kills other cops. Every bad thing he does is done to clean up the streets, sort of. He believes he does it to make the world a better place and I'm sure some of it does make the world better. But you can't justify killing cops. Killing the cop happened early on in the series, he did it for self preservation. I can almost understand that. I can't condone it but I can understand it. In fact I think that's the only really bad thing he did.

I like Vic Mackey. He was my fuckin' hero. Or he was until he sold out Ronnie on the last episode. He got to carry a gun and do whatever he wanted to do. It's a damn shame he dies tonight. I don't know if he really dies or the series just dies. I just hope they don't have the fade to black Sopranos end. I'm hoping for the everybody shoots everybody else Reservoir Dogs ending. One thing I hope happens is Vic gets Shane. I hope he kills that redneck idiot. This series wouldn't be ending if Shane wasn't such a fuck up.

There are a few others I would like to see 86'd on tonights episode.
Claudette (I can't stand this holier than thou bitch)
Aceveda (He sucks dick then has the guy with the dick killed, but hates Vic. Hypocrite)
Dutch (Serial killer in the making, also likes Vic's sloppy seconds, needs killing)
Corrine Mackey (Vic's wife. Turned on him. Bitch ain't no good.)
Mara Sewell- Vendrell (Shane's cunt wife. Total waste of oxygen)
Fuck why not kill them all. They could set off a nuclear bomb that Jack Bauer didn't find.

The show starts in 10 minutes so I'll probably know how it ended before anybody reads this. If you're nice and leave a comment maybe I'll tell you how Vic survives.

ADDENDUM:
Shane killed his wife (Mara) and kid before blowing his own head off. (I called this 2 weeks ago)
Aceveda is going to be elected mayor.
Dutch killed a 16 year old serial killers mom and blamed it on the 16 year old.
Corrine went into witness protection to hide from Vic.
Ronnie was arrested and will be sent to prison.
Claudette has lupus and will die the slow painful death she deserves.
Vic got his immunity deal and will sit behind a desk for three years, basically he's in his own version of hell.

It was one of the worst endings I have ever seen. What a fucking disappointment.

No comments: