Thursday, November 08, 2007

Back On The Gridiron

OK OK OK. So I missed yesterday. I know I said I always do what I say I'm going to do. But I had no control over yesterdays outage. My internet went down and I just managed to get back online 15 minutes ago. I think the feds were blocking my signal, so I had to figure out another way around. I'm back, but who knows for how long. I really ain't got much to say except I won't be making up the missed post. There's no fucking way I'm posting twice in the same day.Believe it or not sometimes I even run out of shit to talk about.

I'm going into the last post comments for tonight's subject. Jenn wants to know how I feel about the whole every kid gets a trophy thing. Jenn, Jenn, Jenn you poor girl. I realize your new to my blog and I'm sorry for this but here goes.

I am dead set against all kids getting trophies. When I grew up the kids in football didn't get trophies. The team got one trophy. One fucking trophy. It's a god damn team sport. We are turning our kids into a bunch of PC pussies. My kids bedrooms are lined with trophies. Football trophies. Baseball trophies. Lacrosse trophies. Trophies upon trophies and fucking ribbons and certificates and assorted other bullshit. Now since you don't know me, I'll tell you I don't pull no fucking punches. Just ask my regular readers. So every time one of the boys has their celebration pizza party (where they collect their undeserved trophy) I ask them if they've ever seen my trophies. They roll their eyes and say no. My response is. That's because I don't have any fucking trophies. I was always on a losing team just like they are. Losers don't get trophies, winners get trophies. The minute you give everybody trophies it takes away from the kids that fought and won. I realize they are exceptions on every team. Give them a fucking piece of paper that says "Good Job Fuckwad" but don't give them a trophy.

I believe that by giving everyone trophies all you're doing is telling them that they don't have to try. Little Johnny is eventually going to see that the fucking loser Little Billy got a trophy and his fat ass didn't even show up to practice. This tells Little Johnny that he doesn't have to try either. Next thing you know you got a bunch of little fat asses sitting around wanting their fucking trophy. Not only that it's detrimental to preparing them for life. First thing you know they'll want a fucking raise because they're late to work every day and they don't do anything while they're there. The only trophy given should be a team trophy, maybe give the kid a polaroid of him holding it. You don't see the pros getting a little miniature glass football. I'm assuming your brother is a liberal, this trophy thing is usually the liberals crying over the fact they lost and no body recognized their effort. even though they tried they're best. Well I want to quote John Mason (Sean Connery - The Rock) "Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." Nuff said.

You also said you had to starve the kid to make the division. Your brother should have raised hell about that instead of the trophy thing. Football is a game of size. Big kids play football if, somebody's kid is small and they don't want them run over, keep them out of fucking football. That's all. Gotta go find some valium now.

Keep on keeping on.

No comments: